Summary: For undergraduate or graduate courses in Cost and Analysis Estimating in engineering, management, and technology settings.Edition/Copyright: 04
This popular text provides the latest principles and techniques for the evaluation of engineering design. The emphasis is on analysis and estimating, with loads of material in this first edition. It analyzes labor, material, accounting, and forecasting; then the theme of estimating is developed, with a study of methods, operations, and ...show moreproducts. Included in this new edition is a chapter that introduces principles that deal with bringing inventions to the marketplace. A versatile and extremely usable text, chapter order can be adjusted and some chapters can be excluded, depending on student preparation and course objectives.
- Chapters on cost analysis--Include information on the new income tax laws and their influence on accounting documents.
- Provides students with motivation by condensing some material and concentrating on newer subjects, such as the importance of commodities, and gives a new understanding of worksheet calculations.
- Organization--Recognizes the shift to types of product and operation estimating.
- Gives students newer approaches for their enterprises.
- Modern estimating approach--Provided in this text for the first time, activity-based costing is presented.
- Provides students with the only textbook on the market that highlights this important new concept.
- Introduction of break even analysis--Considers several cases.
- Gives students extensive examples for ease of learning.
- Focus on the Engineering Economy--Reduced to one chapter, this topic is now summarized.
- Provides students with an easily accessible chapter on this important topic.
- The Enterprise, Entrepreneurship, and Imaginamachina--Emphasizes the evaluation of new innovations and invention.
- Enables students to learn the analysis necessary for enterprise planning.
- The leading text of its field--Provides excellent pedagogy and background.
- Gives students a first-rate book in the field of cost analysis and estimating for engineering and management.
- Comprehensive and current.
- Provides students with the current practices of engineering.
- Practical applications--Take the student out of the classroom, library, and college.
- Enables students to study practical applications in the engineering/industrial field.
- Gives instructors tips for field trips, management surveys, and more.
- Over 300 problems--Cover a range of difficulty.
- Gives students valuable hands-on experience.
- Provides instructors with plenty of opportunity for evaluating student work.
- Case studies.
- Enhances students' knowledge by calling upon their management skills, teaching them important concepts in the field.
- Instructor's Resource CD-ROM with PowerPoint solutions--Summarized from the chapters.
- Provides instructors with valuable course support including solutions.
- Gives instructors a technologically-advanced resource.
Cover: Print On Demand
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2004