Summary: What's behind every healed patient? Critical thinking! Critical Thinking, Clinical Reasoning, and Clinical Judgment: A Practical Approach, 5th Edition, provides the tools you need to become a safe, competent nurse. Using an inspiring, insightful, ''how-to'' approach, this book helps you develop critical thinking, clinical reasoning, and test-taking skills in preparation for the NCLEX Examination and, even more importantly, apply critical thinking and clinical reasoning to nurs ...show moreing practice. Critical thinking and clinical reasoning strategies come to life through the use of real-life scenarios and decision-making tools, all supported with evidence for why the strategies work. Expert author Rosalinda Alfaro-LeFevre makes the concepts of critical thinking and clinical reasoning come alive, so you can start thinking like a nurse and learn essential critical thinking and clinical judgment reasoning skills for nursing practice. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 13
- A simple approach and motivational writing style includes vivid examples, memorable anecdotes, and realistic case scenarios to make content come alive.
- Practical strategies promote critical thinking and critical reasoning with supporting evidence for why the strategies work.
- A focus on the ''how to'' (application) and supporting rationale (theory) makes difficult concepts easy to learn.
- Coverage of timely topics includes problem-focused versus outcome-focused thinking, prioritizing decision-making, applying delegation principles, improving communication skills to prevent errors, and working smarter (not harder), with strategies to deal with workplace challenges such as managing time, managing conflict, and giving bad news.
- An emphasis on ethics- and standards-based professional practice helps you prepare for practice in a world of increasing accountability.
- Critical Thinking and Clinical Reasoning exercises hel ...show less
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Other Editions of Critical Thinking, Clinical Reasoning, And Clinical Judgment: