ISBN13:978-0130460233 ISBN10: 0130460230 Edition/Copyright:7TH 03 Cover: Paperback Publisher:Prentice Hall, Inc. Published: 06/01/2002 International: No
View Author Bio
Rubenstein, James M. : Miami University
View Table of Contents
(NOTE: Each chapter ends with Summary, Case Study Revisited, Key Terms, Thinking Geographically, On the Internet, Further Readings, and Contemporary Geographic Tools.)
1. Thinking Geographically.
Case Study: Big Mac Attack. Key Issue 1: Thinking about Space. Key Issue 2: Thinking about Place. Key Issue 3: Thinking about Region. Key Issue 4: Thinking about Scale. Key Issue 5: Thinking about Connections.
2. Population. Case Study: Population Growth in India. Key Issue 1: Where Is the World's Population Distributed? Key Issue 2: Where Has the World's Population Increased? Key Issue 3: Why Is Population Increasing at Different Rates in Different Countries? Key Issue 4: Why Might the World Face an Overpopulation Problem?
3. Migration. Case Study: Migrating to Spain. Key Issue 1: Why Do People Migrate? Key Issue 2: Where Are Migrants Distributed? Key Issue 3: Why Do Migrants Face Obstacles? Key Issue 4: Why Do People Migrate Within a Country?
4. Folk and Popular Culture. Case Study: The Aboriginal Artists of Australia at Lincoln Center. Key Issue 1: Where Do Folk and Popular Cultures Originate and Diffuse? Key Issue 2: Why is Folk Culture Clustered? Key Issue 3: Why Is Popular Culture Widely Distributed? Key Issue 4: Why Does Globalization of Popular Culture Cause Problems?
5. Language. Case Study: French and Spanish in the United States and Canada. Key Issue 1: Where Are English-Language Speakers Distributed? Key Issue 2: Why Is English Related to Other Languages? Key Issue 3: Where Are Other Language Families Distributed? Key Issue 4: Why Do People Preserve Local Languages?
6. Religion. Case Study: The Dalai Lama vs. the People's Republic of China. Key Issue 1: Where Are Religions Distributed? Key Issue 2: Why Do Religions Have Different Distributions? Key Issue 3: Why Do Religions Organize Space in Distinctive Patterns? Key Issue 4: Why Do Territorial Conflicts Arise Among Religious Groups?
7. Ethnicity. Case Study: Ethnic Conflict in Rwanda. Key Issue 1: Where Are Ethnicities Distributed? Key Issue 2: Why Have Ethnicities Been Transformed into Nationalities? Key Issue 3: Why Do Ethnicities Clash?
8. Political Geography. Case Study: Changing Borders in Europe. Key Issue 1: Where Are States Located? Key Issue 2: Where Are Boundaries Drawn Between States? Key Issue 3: Why Do Boundaries Between States Cause Problems? Key Issue 4: Why Do States Cooperate with Each Other? Key Issue 5: Why Has Terrorism Increased?
9. Development. Case Study: Bangladesh's Development Problems. Key Issue 1: Why Does Development Vary Among Countries? Key Issue 2: Where Are More and Less Developed Countries Distributed? Key Issue 3: Why Do Less Developed Countries Face Obstacles to Development?
10. Agriculture. Case Study: Wheat Farmers in Kansas and Pakistan. Key Issue 1: Where Did Agriculture Originate? Key Issue 2: Where Are Agricultural Regions in Less Developed Countries? Key Issue 3: Where Are Agricultural Regions in More Developed Countries? Key Issue 4: Why Does Agriculture Vary Among Regions?
11. Industry. Case Study: Maquiladoras in Mexico. Key Issue 1: Where Did Industry Originate? Key Issue 2: Where Is Industry Distributed? Key Issue 3: Why Do Industries Have Different Distributions? Key Issue 4: Why Do Industries Face Problems?
12. Services. Case Studies: Obtaining Goods in Romania. Key Issue 1: Where Did Services Originate? Key Issue 2: Why Are Consumer Services Distributed in a Regular Pattern? Key Issue 3: Why Do Business Services Locate in Large Settlements? Key Issue 4: Why Do Services Cluster Downtown?
13. Urban Patterns. Case Studies: Two Families in New Jersey. Key Issue 1: Where Have Urban Areas Grown? Key Issue 2: Where Are People Distributed Within Urban Areas? Key Issue 3: Why Do Inner Cities Have Distinctive Problems? Key Issue 4: Why Do Suburbs Have Distinctive Problems?
14. Resource Issues. Case Studies: Pollution in Mexico City. Key Issue 1: Why Are Fossil-Fuel Resources Being Depleted? Key Issue 2: Why Are Resources Being Polluted? Key Issue 3: Why Are Global Food Resources Expandable?
List Price: $95.00
Used Currently Sold Out
New Currently Sold Out
Due back 12/19/2014
Save $49.51 (52%)
Free return shipping
21-day satisfaction guarantee
CDs or access codes may not be included
Marketplace sellers starting at $7.35
32 more offers below.
Additional Sellers for Cultural Landscape
Just for you, we curate a growing list of independent booksellers, giving you even MORE choices when shopping for your textbooks.
Keep in mind: Marketplace orders do NOT qualify for free shipping.More about the Marketplace
0130460230 No excessive markings and minimal highlighting. CD Roms, access cards/codes, and other supplemental materials may or may not be included based on availability.
$35.00 +$3.99 s/h
a2zbooks Burgin, KY
Used very good.. Minimal Highlighting. Quantity Available: 1. ISBN: 0130460230. ISBN/EAN: 9780130460233. Inventory No: ABE440466090.
$35.00 +$3.99 s/h
a2zbooks Burgin, KY
Used very good.. Minimal Highlighting. Quantity Available: 1. ISBN: 0130460230. ISBN/EAN: 9780130460233. Inventory No: ABE440466088.
$50.66 +$3.99 s/h
Books Revisited Chatham, NJ
$55.00 +$3.99 s/h
A2ZBooks Ky Burgin, KY
Upper Saddle River, NJ 2003 Hardcover Very Good Condition Used very good +. All pages clean. Quantity Available: 1. ISBN: 0130460230. ISBN/EAN: 9780130460233. Inventory No: ABE440465664.
$55.00 +$3.99 s/h
a2zbooks Burgin, KY
Used very good +.. All pages clean.. Quantity Available: 1. ISBN: 0130460230. ISBN/EAN: 9780130460233. Inventory No: ABE440465664.
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista or Mac OS X 10.3 or above
At least 280 MB RAM, a 600 mHZ processor and 110 MB of hard drive space
1024x768 (or larger) screen resolution
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.