This edition has also been released as:
ISBN13: 978-0324655490, 978-0534383664, 978-0534397210
ISBN10: 0324655495, 0534383661, 0534397212
Summary: This text presents statistical concepts and methods in a unified, modern, spreadsheet-oriented approach. Featuring a wealth of business applications, this examples-based text illustrates a variety of statistical methods to help students analyze data sets and uncover important information to aid decision-making. DATA ANALYSIS FOR MANAGERS contains professional StatPro add-ins for Microsoft Excel from Palisade, valued at one hundred fifty dollars packaged at no additio ...show morenal cost with every new text. Edition/Copyright: 2ND 04
New to the Edition
- Updated CD-ROM is packaged with every new textbook. The CD-ROM includes the most recent version of StatPro, the professional add-in for Microsoft Excel containing 36 wide-ranging statistical procedures and 5 built-in data utilities covers the most widely used statistical analyses. These add-ins allow students to perform every analysis in the book using Excel.
- The authors place greater emphasis on presenting and summarizing key concepts throughout the text. New features include margin notes, boxed definitions and formulas in the text, key terms and formulas at the end of every chapter, and enhanced explanations in the text.
- More conceptual exercises appear within each chapter of the text. These exercises either test concepts or ask more open-ended questions--as opposed to the many number-crunching problems already in the text.
- Objectives have been added to each example to clearly state the purpose of the example and show which statistical concepts are being employed.
- The data for many of the problems have been updated to be as timely as possible. This is especially true of the time series data.
- Chapter 8, "Sampling and Sampling Distributions," has been significantly reorganized, increasing the strength and logic of the conceptual development.
- Chapter 13, "Time Series Analysis and Forecasting," has been entirely reorganized. It includes an introductory section on the various components of time series (level, trend, seasonality, and noise), and places all the techniques for handling seasonality in a single section.
- Chapter 15, "Data Mining: Discriminant Analysis, Logistic Regression and OLAP," contains a new section on OLAP (online analytical processing) that shows how this powerful technique can be implemented in Excel.
- Concepts presented in the context of examples enable students to see why they are conducting an analysis and what it means. Software is used to create graphical and numerical outputs, eliminating the need for hand calculation, and freeing students for in-depth interpretation of output.
- Excel instructions and output appear throughout. The instructions are compatible with Excel XP, 2000, and 97.
- Practical coverage throughout including pivot tables, data sources and manipulation in chapter 4, and data mining topics (logistic regression, discriminant analysis, and OLAP) in chapter 15.
- Solid instructor resources, anchored by the Instructor's Suite CD, provide electronic solutions in Excel format, test items in Microsoft Word format, and Microsoft PowerPoint slides.
- A large number of realistic exercises and end-of-chapter cases provide opportunities for learners to reinforce and extend the knowledge that they have gained in working with this text.
- Material on writing professional business reports based on statistical analyses is included in Appendix A.
Publisher: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2004