Summary: Delta's Key to the Next Generation TOEFL® Test: Advanced Skill Practice for the iBT is a new series of high-quality practice materials for students preparing to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language after September 2005.
Advanced Skill Practice for the iBT Coursebook
- A complete TOEFL preparation course for high intermediate and advanced students
- 36 skill units in reading, liste ...show morening, speaking, and writing
- Four full-length practice tests
- Over 1,200 questions in the format of the Internet-based test (iBT)
- Complete answer key and audio scripts
- Charts to record progress on quizzes and tests
- Enough material for 15 weeks of study
Advanced Skill Practice for the iBT Audio CDs
- Companion audio texts for all listening activities in the coursebook
- Over 9 hours of material on 10 compact disks
What is new about the TOEFL test and Delta's Key?
The next generation TOEFL test is an Internet-based test being introduced in September 2005. This new test replaces the earlier computer-based test known as the TOEFL CBT. The next generation TOEFL test assesses proficiency in the four language skills of reading, listening, speaking, and writing. The most important changes in the test are:
- Speaking skills are evaluated.
- Some tasks involve integrated skills, such as reading-listening-writing.
- Knowledge of grammar is not tested separately but is assessed indirectly throughout the test.
Delta's Key to the Next Generation TOEFL® Test is an all-new program designed specifically for the new version of the test. The course provides ample practice in the English skills evaluated by the new test, along with useful strategies and practical ideas for individual, pair and group activities.
Reading and listening content includes explanation of new item types, such as questions about pragmatics, paraphrasing, and summarizing information from across a text. Speaking and writing content includes practice in integrated-skills tasks, such as developing a topic, taking notes, and connecting information from two sources. ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 05
Publisher: Delta Systems Co., Inc.