Summary: The most comprehensive, all-encompassing dental hygiene text to date, this excellent tool helps readers not only master clinical skills, but also the theory behind the dental hygiene care process. It guides the reader through the dental hygiene care process based on the human needs model, beginning with foundational information, addressing all aspects of client care -- including individuals with special needs -- and concluding with leadership and management roles of ...show morea dental hygienist. Unique step-by-step descriptions of procedures with illustrations and rationales not only teach competent skill performance, but also the theory behind the dental hygiene process. The 2nd edition features a full-color design with color photos and illustrations, a more user-friendly format with extensive bullet lists, boxes, and comprehensive tables, and new pedagogical features to reinforce learning. Key Features : Edition/Copyright: 2ND 03
- In-depth coverage of all topics in the dental hygiene curriculum makes this the most comprehensive dental hygiene text available.
- Renowned authors, high profile professionals in dental hygiene education and the association, give comprehensive, authoritative guidance.
- Detailed, illustrated step-by-step procedures with rationales for clinical skills explain each step in the treatment process.
- Specific icons alert the reader to important points in the procedure, as well as safety considerations when necessary.
- Tables, often with illustrations, allow readers to easily compare and contrast similar information.
- Specially designed boxes highlight important information throughout the book to help reinforce the material.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter identify the most important points that the reader should focus on in that chapter.
- A glossary at the back of the back of the book defines all key terms in one convenient location.
- References and suggested readings guide the reader in locating the most recent, up-to-date sources.
New to this Edition :
- New full-color design features high-quality, full-color clinical photos and line drawings that provide visual appeal and depict important concepts.
- New redesigned, user-friendly format makes the text easier to read and aids in referencing specific topics of interest.
- More coverage of individuals with special needs is included than any other text, such as patients with autoimmune diseases, neurological disabilities, respiratory diseases, alcohol and substance abuse issues, women's health issues, and individuals with orthodontic appliances.
- New chapters and expanded coverage of hot topics provide more complete coverage, keeping readers better informed and better prepared to function in the dental office.
- Client Education Issues teach readers how to educate the client to understand the treatment and to implement good follow-up care and oral hygiene at home, emphasizing the concept of the human needs model.
- Legal, Ethical, and Safety Issues encourages good ethical, professional and legal practices by explaining the importance of patient rights, the dental hygienist's ethical behavior, and the safety of the client in connection with the chapter topic.
- Key Concepts at the end of each chapter list the most important points of the chapter to help the student retain key information.
- Critical Thinking Exercises, presented in the form of brief case studies and scenarios, suggest activities to perform based on the chapter material that train the reader in independent decision making.
- Key Terms at the beginning of each chapter identify new dental vocabulary that the reader will encounter in context.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Other Editions of Dental Hygiene : Theory And Practice: