Summary: For advanced undergraduate/graduate-level courses in Experimental Design and Statistical Analysis in Psychology departments. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 04
The fourth edition of Design and Analysis continues to offer a readily accessible introduction to the designed experiment in research and the statistical analysis of the data from such experiments. Unique because it emphasizes the use of analytical procedures, this text is appropriate for the advanced undergraduate or beginning gradu ...show moreate student, as it requires knowledge of only the most fundamental mathematical skills and little or no formal statistical background. This book is also useful as a source and guide to application for researchers who require assistance in both planning a study and analyzing its results.
- NEW--Emphasis on computer analysis--Allows the text to emphasize the principles of statistical analysis instead of the arithmetic. It does not rely solely on computer analysis, however, as software packages change rapidly; this keeps the text timely and current.
- Enables students with only fundamental math skills to understand and appreciate the content of the text.
- NEW--Application of hand calculation--Offers experience with actual calculations.
- Enables students to acquire a real facility with the statistical methods and to understand how they work.
- NEW--Thoroughly revised and rewritten text--Provides extensive cross-referencing, with expanded discussions of measures of effect size and power calculations and its application to factorial designs and designs from within-subjects factors.
- Emphasizes for students the links between the different designs and extends analysis of simple designs to the more complex.
- NEW--Expanded coverage of statistical theory--Discusses the general linear model, random factors, and statistical generalization.
- Provides students with an understanding of the formal basis for statistical analysis in the context of a research design.
- NEW--New chapters--Covers in Part VI more complex designs than in previous editions; integrates the discussion of random factors and statistical generalization in the text rather than in the appendix, and covers the reasons for including these factors in an experiment and how their presence affects the statistical design.
- Gives students a text that functions as an accessible reference book for the design and analysis of any study that focuses on means, including the multifactor designs that are the mainstay of many areas of experimental research.
- Clear and understandable presentation--Explains complex procedures carefully.
- Provides students with a text that is accessible to both the beginning and experienced researcher.
- Emphasis on analytical methods--Goes beyond the standard, overall statistical analyses.
- Shows students the link between theoretical planning of a study and the thoughtful, analytical analysis of the results.
- The foundation block of experimental research--Stresses the simplest experimental design.
- Provides students with the foundation that will support the creative application of analytical procedures to more complex designs.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2004