This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Designing and Conducting Mixed Methods Research, spearheaded by the author of the best-selling Research Design (now in its second edition) text, John Creswell, combines the latest thinking about mixed methods research designs with practical, step-by-step guidelines for the decisions that must be made in designing a mixed methods research study. "Mixed methods research" is defined as a procedure for collecting, analyzing, and mixing both quantitative and qualit ...show moreative data in a single case study or series of studies and is becoming more common in studies across the social, behavioral, and health sciences as well as education.Edition/Copyright: 07
The book offers advice tailored to negotiating the demands and issues that arise when designing a mixed methods project. The recommendations offered focus on how to keep the project manageable for the beginning researcher while still ensuring quality research.
While much has been written about mixed methods from a conceptual and theoretical approach, this is the first book to deliver practical guidance about how to design a mixed method study. ...show less
- Offers a practical, how-to guide for designing a mixed methods study
- Presents examples from actual, published mixed methods studies drawn across the social, behavioral, health, and education disciplines
- Incorporates activities and exercises for classroom use or for use by the researcher in preparing designs
- Contains a full glossary of terms for quick reference or as a study tool Illustrates designs using visual diagrams and flowcharts
- Goes through the entire research process (formulating questions, designing, collecting, interpreting, etc.) using four major types of mixed methods designs
Publisher: Sage Publications, Inc.
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Designing And Conducting Mixed Methods Research: