ISBN13:978-0495108368 ISBN10: 0495108367 This edition has also been released as: ISBN13: 978-0495558781 ISBN10: 0495558788
Summary: DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS WITH BOUNDARY-VALUE PROBLEMS, 7th Edition strikes a balance between the analytical, qualitative, and quantitative approaches to the study of differential equations. This proven and accessible text speaks to beginning engineering and math students through a wealth of pedagogical aids, including an abundance of examples, explanations, ''Remarks'' boxes, definitions, and group projects. Using a straightforward, readable, and helpful style, this book provides a tho
rough treatment of boundary-value problems and partial differential equations.
Summary: DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS WITH BOUNDARY-VALUE PROBLEMS, 7th Edition strikes a balance between the analytical, qualitative, and quantitative approaches to the study of differential equations. This proven and accessible text speaks to beginning engineering and math students through a wealth of pedagogical aids, including an abundance of examples, explanations, ''Remarks'' boxes, definitions, and group projects. Using a straightforward, readable, and helpful style, this book provides a thorough treatment of boundary-value problems and partial differential equations. ...show less
1. INTRODUCTION TO DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Definitions and Terminology. Initial-Value Problems. Differential Equations as Mathematical Models. Chapter 1 in Review.
2. FIRST-ORDER DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Solution Curves Without a Solution. Separable Variables. Linear Equations. Exact Equations and Integrating Factors. Solutions by Substitutions. A Numerical Method. Chapter 2 in Review.
3. MODELING WITH FIRST-ORDER DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Linear Models. Nonlinear Models. Modeling with Systems of First-Order Differential Equations. Chapter 3 in Review.
4. HIGHER-ORDER DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Preliminary Theory- Linear Equations. Reduction of Order. Homogeneous Linear Equations with Constant Coefficients. Undetermined Coefficients-Superposition Approach. Undetermined Coefficients-Annihilator Approach. Variation of Parameters. Cauchy-Euler Equation. Solving Systems of Linear Differential Equations by Elimination. Nonlinear Differential Equations. Chapter 4 in Review.
5. MODELING WITH HIGHER-ORDER DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Linear Models: Initial-Value Problems. Linear Models: Boundary-Value Problems. Nonlinear Models. Chapter 5 in Review.
6. SERIES SOLUTIONS OF LINEAR EQUATIONS. Solutions About Ordinary Points. Solutions About Singular Points. Special Functions. Chapter 6 in Review.
7. LAPLACE TRANSFORM. Definition of the Laplace Transform. Inverse Transform and Transforms of Derivatives. Operational Properties I. Operational Properties II. Dirac Delta Function. Systems of Linear Differential Equations. Chapter 7 in Review.
8. SYSTEMS OF LINEAR FIRST-ORDER DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Preliminary Theory. Homogeneous Linear Systems. Nonhomogeneous Linear Systems. Matrix Exponential. Chapter 8 in Review.
9. NUMERICAL SOLUTIONS OF ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Euler Methods. Runge-Kutta Methods. Multistep Methods. Higher-Order Equations and Systems. Second-Order Boundary-Value Problems. Chapter 9 in Review.
10. PLANE AUTONOMOUS SYSTEMS. Autonomous Systems. Stability of Linear Systems. Linearization and Local Stability. Autonomous Systems as Mathematical Models. Chapter 10 in Review.
11. ORTHOGONAL FUNCTIONS AND FOURIER SERIES. Orthogonal Functions. Fourier Series and Orthogonal Functions. Fourier Cosine and Sine Series. Sturm-Liouville Problem. Bessel and Legendre Series. Chapter 11 in Review.
12. BOUNDARY-VALUE PROBLEMS IN RECTANGULAR COORDINATES. Separable Partial Differential Equations. Classical PDE's and Boundary-Value Problems. Heat Equation. Wave Equation. Laplace's Equation. Nonhomogeneous Boundary-Value Problems. Orthogonal Series Expansions. Higher-Dimensional Problems. Chapter 12 in Review.
13. BOUNDARY-VALUE PROBLEMS IN OTHER COORDINATE SYSTEMS. Polar Coordinates. Polar and Cylindrical Coordinates. Spherical Coordinates. Chapter 13 in Review.
14. INTEGRAL TRANSFORM METHOD. Error Function. Laplace Transform. Fourier Integral. Fourier Transforms. Chapter 14 in Review.
15. NUMERICAL SOLUTIONS OF PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Laplace's Equation. Heat Equation. Wave Equation. Chapter 15 in Review.
Be sure to check the format of the eTextbook/eChapter you purchase to know which reader you will need. After purchasing your eTextbook or eChapter, you will be emailed instructions on where and how to download your free reader.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed Internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
Click Here to access the VitalSource Bookshelf FAQ
View Digital Rights
VitalSource Bookshelf Copying: Allowed, 10 selections may be copied every 365 days Printing: Allowed, 10 prints for 365 days Expires: Yes, may be used for 365 days after activation Reading Aloud: Allowed Sharing: Not Allowed Min. Software Version: VitalSource Bookshelf Suitable Devices: PCs, Tablet PCs, Macs, Laptops
Digital Rights Management (DRM) Key
Copying - Books that cannot be copied will show "Not Allowed." Otherwise, this will detail the number of times it can be copied, or "Allowed with no limits."
Printing - Books that cannot be printed will show "Not Allowed." Otherwise, this will detail the number of times it can be printed, or "Allowed with no limits."
Expires - Books that have no expiration (the date upon which you will no longer be able to access your eBook) will read "No Expiration." Otherwise it will state the number of days from activation (the first time you actually read it).
Reading Aloud - Books enabled with the "text-to-speech" feature so that they can be read aloud will show "Allowed."
Sharing - Books that cannot be shared with other computers will show "Not Allowed."
Min. Software Version - This is the minimum software version needed to read this book.
Suitable Devices - Hardware known to be compatable with this book. Note: Reader software still needs to be installed.
All text is legible, may contain markings, cover wear, loose/torn pages or staining and much writing.Missing components. SKU:9780495108368-5-1
$55.40 +$3.99 s/h
HPB-Dallas Dallas, TX
2008 Hardcover Good 085 Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. Includes supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access codes may or may not ...show morework. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. ...show less
$56.35 +$3.99 s/h
Better World Books Mishawaka, IN
Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. 100% Money Back Guarantee. Shipped to over one million happy customers. Your purchase benefits world literacy!
$58.45 +$3.99 s/h
Bookbyte-OR Salem, OR
Has minor wear and/or markings.Missing components. SKU:9780495108368-3-1
$65.70 +$3.99 s/h
BookCellar-NH Nashua, NH
0495108367 Has moderate shelf wear, highlighting, underlining and/or writing. Great used condition. We are a tested and proven company with over 900,000 satisfied customers since 1997. We ship daily M...show more-F. Choose expedited shipping (if available) for much faster delivery. Delivery confirmation on all US orders. ...show less
$109.95 +$3.99 s/h
omgtextbooks Pueblo West, CO
Belmont, CA 2008 Hard cover 7th ed. Fair. Sewn binding. Cloth over boards. 526 p. Contains: Diagrams, Figures.
$199.35 +$3.99 s/h
Hawg Books Fayetteville, AR
Belmont, CA 2008 Hard cover 7th ed. Good. Sewn binding. Cloth over boards. 526 p. Contains: Diagrams, Figures.
$207.57 +$3.99 s/h
value_text Edmond, OK
. Used books do not include components, such as CDs, DVDs, Study Guides/Readers, or access cards and one time use codes. Quality text from a reliable seller. Speedy service! Choose EXPEDITED for faste...show morest shipping! ...show less
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.