Summary: Practical and comprehensive, this resource offers up-to-date coverage of computed radiography, digital radiography, and PACS. It explores the differences between conventional and digital imaging systems and how computed and digital radiography systems fit within the radiology department. State-of-the art information on image acquisition, exposure guidelines, and quality control help you obtain the best possible radiographs. You'll also learn about PACS workstations, ...show morearchiving, film digitization, image printing, and more. For this revised reprint, we have updated Chapters 4, 5, 6, 7, and 12. In Chapter 4, revisions have been made to the Digitizing the Signal and Speed Class sections. In Chapter 5, revisions have been made to the Imaging Plate Selection, Grid Selection, and Automatic Data Recognition sections. In Chapter 6, the Indirect Conversion, CsI Detectors, Detective Quantum Efficiency, and Spatial Resolution sections have been revised. In Chapter 12, the Quality Control Standards section has been revised.
* Discusses the similarities and differences between conventional and digital systems.
* Introduces basic computer components and networking concepts for a solid foundation in the principles of computing.
* Provides balanced coverage of computed radiography (CR), digital radiography (DR), and PACS systems.
* Includes step-by-step guidance for acquiring, processing, and producing radiographic images using CR/DR technologies.
* Explores the CR/DR quality workstation, as well as advanced image processing and manipulation functions available on many of the latest CR/DR workstations.
* Offers complete coverage of PACS workstations, archiving solutions, and system architectures, including information on film digitization, printing images, and preparing image files.
* Provides comprehensive quality control and management guidelines for PACS, CR, and DR.
* Chapter objectives, chapter summaries, key terms, and review questions reinforce key concepts and help you retain and recall important information. ...show less