on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: Ohler links digital storytelling to improving traditional, digital, and media literacy, and offers guidance to teachers on how to empower students to tell stories in their own native language: new media and multimedia.Edition/Copyright: 08
''The visual representations from the charts and graphics are wonderful. I love the connections to current research because they give credence to the material and allow teachers to connect research to everyday strategies.''
Foreword by David Thornburg
About the Author
Part I. Storytelling, Education, and the New Media
1. Confessions of a Digital Storytelling Teacher: Twenty Revelations About Digital Storytelling in Education
2. Defining and Discussing Digital Storytelling: Helping Teachers See, Think, and Talk About Digital Storytelling
3. Digital Storytelling as an Educational Tool: Standards, Planning, and Literacy
4. Assessing Digital Stories: The Opportunities and Challenges of New Media Evaluation
Part II. The Art and Practice of Storytelling
5. Thinking About Story: The Story Core, Story Mapping, Story Types
6. Applying Story Maps: Seeing the Core, Mapping the Story
7. Story Planning Considerations: Tips, Techniques, Lessons Learned
8. Transformation Formations: How We, and the Characters in Our Stories, Change
9. More Story Maps: From Aristotle to Present Day
10. Other Kinds of Stories: Different Story Forms and Story Perspectives
Part III. Going Digital
11. Developing Digital Stories: Applying the Story Development Process to Digital Storytelling in Education
12. The Media Production Process: Applying the Media Production Process to Digital Storytelling in Education
13. The Digital Storytelling Toolbox: What Teachers Need in Order to Do Digital Storytelling With Their Students
14. Media Grammar for Teachers: How Non-Media People Can Assess Student Media Projects
15. Copyright and Fair Use in Education: Living in the Gray Zone, Doing the Right Thing, and Protecting Yourself
Epilogue: If I Had a Time Machine
Appendix I Appendix II Appendix III Appendix IV Appendix V Index
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.