This edition has also been released as:
Summary: For undergraduate World Regional Geography courses, or for a courses on globalization or cultural diversity.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 06
Diversity Amid Globalization explicitly acknowledges the geographic changes in today's world by emphasizing both the homogenizing and diversifying forces inherent to the globalization process. This approach allows the authors to emphasize the interconnections that bind people and places together. The globalization approach challenges students to mak ...show moree critical comparisons between the regions of the
World in order to understand them more fully. Examples of the sorts of topics used to accomplish these goals include:
- The rise of Islamic fundamentalism in SW Asia.
- Aboriginal groups using high-technology tools to forge common political survival strategies.
- The economic and political integration of the European Union, contrasted with micronationalism and the factionalism in Europe.
- Ethnic diversification in the face of strong participation in the global assembly line in SE Asia.
- The globalization and localization of beer consumption and production in the United States and Canada.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2006
Other Editions of Diversity Amid Globalization : World Regions, Environment, Development - With DVD and Atlas: