Summary: Among new materials included in the Fifth Edition are a number of specific changes that have developed or evolved in the past several years:
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 05
- Civil Unions. The evolution of domestic partnerships, reciprocal beneficiaries in Hawaii and same-sex marriage litigation, has resulted in passage of legislation in Vermont that resembles marriage far more than domestic partnership.
- Domestic Violence. State ...show mores continue to seek a response through statutes and case law and the federal government grapples with criminal and civil sanctions.
- Marital Property and Support. Expansion of cases and provisions from theAmerican Law Institute concerning common law and community property division of property and support entitlements, including QDROs, debts, fault, educational degrees and rehabilitation.
- Child Support. Guidelines, involuntary reduction, federal welfare mandates and litigation over the federal Child Support Recovery Act.
- Biological Relationships. Continuing litigation over rights to procreation and control of preembryos. Materials on contraception and abortion, eliminated in the previous edition on the assumption that they were covered adequately in other courses, have been reintroduced.
- Child Custody and Visitation. The United States Supreme Court decision in Troxel v. Granville and the newly enacted Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act are included.
Publisher: Foundation Press
Year Published: 1950