Summary: This online drug calculations course consists of 11 modules corresponding to the parent text, Kee Clinical Calculations, 5th Edition. Through the online Evolve course management system, this learning tool serves as a complete drug calculations program to teach and reinforce good math skills. Because each module works with the textbook, students can read chapter content and then apply and practice what they have learned online through repetition, practice problems, an ...show moreimations, and interactive activities. Available as a package with the text for student savings.Edition/Copyright: 04
- This online course provides extensive math instruction to help students master the basic skills needed to accurately and effectively calculate drug dosages.
- The content includes all four major drug calculation methods (ratio & proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis) to expose the user to all calculation methods, so they can choose their preferred method.
- Each module is organized by topic sections that include an overview, objectives, a reading assignment, example problems, practice problems, and quizzes.
- All of the math practice problems include Solution Buttons for each of the four drug calculation methods, giving the user a step-by-step tutorial for solving the problem.
- Animations are used throughout the course to demonstrate various concepts related to drug administration.
- Interactive self-assessment activities such as matching, sequencing, labeling, and multiple select activities, similar to the types of questions now seen on the NCLEX® examination, allow students to apply their knowledge in context.
- Engaging audio commentary enhances the step-by-step explanation of math skills and drug calculation methods, in addition to livening up instruction and discussion.
- Quizzes within each module allow students to test their knowledge of all major topics covered in that particular section.
- Comprehensive test bank is included to help the instructor build quizzes and tests.
- Information on the latest drug administration techniques and devices includes detailed explanations of oral, intravenous, intramuscular, subcutaneous, and various other routes used in drug administration.
- Material on the most up-to-date, commonly used drugs provides exposure to what is being used in the real world of clinical practice.
- Information on infusion pumps helps users understand their increasing role in drug administration.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2004