Summary: This online drug calculations course consists of 11 modules corresponding to the parent text, Kee Clinical Calculations, 5th Edition. Through the online Evolve course management system, this learning tool serves as a complete drug calculations program to teach and reinforce good math skills. Because each module works with the textbook, students can read chapter content and then apply and practice what they have learned online through repetition, practice problems, an...show moreimations, and interactive activities. Available as a package with the text for student savings.
This online course provides extensive math instruction to help students master the basic skills needed to accurately and effectively calculate drug dosages.
The content includes all four major drug calculation methods (ratio & proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis) to expose the user to all calculation methods, so they can choose their preferred method.
Each module is organized by topic sections that include an overview, objectives, a reading assignment, example problems, practice problems, and quizzes.
All of the math practice problems include Solution Buttons for each of the four drug calculation methods, giving the user a step-by-step tutorial for solving the problem.
Animations are used throughout the course to demonstrate various concepts related to drug administration.
Interactive self-assessment activities such as matching, sequencing, labeling, and multiple select activities, similar to the types of questions now seen on the NCLEX® examination, allow students to apply their knowledge in context.
Engaging audio commentary enhances the step-by-step explanation of math skills and drug calculation methods, in addition to livening up instruction and discussion.
Quizzes within each module allow students to test their knowledge of all major topics covered in that particular section.
Comprehensive test bank is included to help the instructor build quizzes and tests.
Information on the latest drug administration techniques and devices includes detailed explanations of oral, intravenous, intramuscular, subcutaneous, and various other routes used in drug administration.
Material on the most up-to-date, commonly used drugs provides exposure to what is being used in the real world of clinical practice.
Information on infusion pumps helps users understand their increasing role in drug administration.
Edition/Copyright:04 Cover: Paperback Publisher:C.V. Mosby Co. Year Published: 2004 International: No
View Author Bio
Kee, Joyce LeFever : University of Delaware
Joyce LeFever Kee, RN, MS, Associate Professor Emerita, College of Health and Nursing Sciences, Department of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE.
Adams, Carmen : Boise State University
Carmen Adams, RN, MSN, Associate Professor, Department of Nursing, Boise State University, Boise, ID.
View Table of Contents
1. Introductory Math - Basic math concepts - Roman numerals - Fractions - Decimals - Number system
2. Measurement Systems and Conversions Between Measurement Systems - Metric - Apothecary - Household systems - Converting within and between systems
3. Drug Calculations Methods - Basic formula - Ratio/proportion - Fractional equation and dimensional analysis
4. Principles of Medication Administration - Medication administration - Understanding medication orders - Medication administration records - Reading medication labels
5. Forms of Medication Administration - Calculation of oral medications - Enteral medications - Parenteral medications - Insulin forms
6. Percentages - Percentages and percents of solution
7. Alternate Methods of Drug Administration - Trans-dermal patch - Inhalation - Nasal spray - Eye drops/ointments - Ear drops
8. Critical Care Calculations - Terminology associated with nomogram and titration - The common units of measure for the medication in solution - Determine the concentration of a medication in solution and determine infusion rates
9. Pediatric and Pediatric Critical Care Calculations - Factors influencing medication administration - Identify two methods of drug calculation for the pediatric patient - Identify conversion parameters from adult medication dosages to pediatric medication dosages - Identify factors influencing intravenous medication in the pediatric client
10. Labor and Delivery Calculations - Factors influencing fluids and drug management - Titration of medications - Principles of loading doses and fluid bolus
11. Community Calculations - Metric to household conversions - Preparing solution of a desired concentration - Home infusion therapy
Order this book in the next 11 hours and 52 minutes and it ships by Noon CT today!
New Currently Sold Out
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista or Mac OS X 10.3 or above
At least 280 MB RAM, a 600 mHZ processor and 110 MB of hard drive space
1024x768 (or larger) screen resolution
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.