on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: This book offers a concise, readable explanation of the theory of dysphagia and bridges that with material on clinical application. Covering both adult and paediatric swallowing assessment, treatment and management, the book will provide clinicians with common clinical presentations of dysphagia and a framework for a problem based learning approach.Edition/Copyright: 06
Part I. Foundations of Swallowing.
1. Applied anatomy and physiology of the normal swallow (Jonathan Cichero).
2. Swallowing from infancy to old age. (Julie Cichero).
3. Variations of the normal swallow (Julie Cichero and Peter Halley).
4. Respiration and swallowing (Julie Cichero).
5. Medical management of patients at risk of aspiration (Rod Brockett).
6. Saliva management (Hilary Johnson and Amanda Scott).
Part II. Assessment of Swallowing Disorders.
7. Clinical assessment, cervical auscultation and pulse oximetry (Julie Cichero).
8. Imaging assessments (Julie Cichero and Susan Langmore).
Part III. Aetiologies and Treatment of Adults with Swallowing Disorders.
9. Conditions commonly associated with dysphagia (Julie Cichero).
10. Developmental disability and swallowing disorders in adults (Justine Sheppard).
11. Improving swallowing function. compensation (Julie Cichero).
12. Swallowing rehabilitation (Julie Cichero).
Part IV. Aetiologies and Treatment of Children with Swallowing Disorders.
13. Clinical signs, aetiologies and characteristics of paediatric dysphagia (Angela Morgan and Sheena Reilly).
14. Assessment techniques for babies, infants and children (Nathalie Rommel).
15. Management of paediatric feeding problems (Sarah Starr).
Part V. Measuring Outcomes of Swallowing Disorders.
16. Oropharyngeal dysphagia outcome measurements (John Rosenbek and Neila Donovan).
eBooks and eChapters can be viewed by using Adobe Digital Editions eBook Reader.
After purchasing your eBook or eChapter you will be given instructions on where and how to download your free reader.Download requirements:
Due to the size of eBooks, a high-speed Internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eBook after successfully downloading it.You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.User Help:
Click Here to access the Adobe Digital Editions FAQ
Digital Rights Management (DRM) Key
Printing - Books that cannot be printed will show "Not Allowed." Otherwise, this will detail the number of times it can be printed, or "Allowed with no limits."
Expires - Books that have no expiration (the date upon which you will no longer be able to access your eBook) will read "No Expiration." Otherwise it will state the number of days from activation (the first time you actually read it).
Reading Aloud - Books enabled with the "text-to-speech" feature so that they can be read aloud will show "Allowed."
Sharing - Books that cannot be shared with other computers will show "Not Allowed."
Min. Software Version - This is the minimum software version needed to read this book.
Suitable Devices - Hardware known to be compatable with this book. Note: Reader software still needs to be installed.
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.