Summary: Introductory general ecology text with a strong emphasis or helping students grasp the main concepts of ecology (not every concept) while keeping they presentation more applied than theoetical.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 99
- True "Concepts" orientation with each chapter being built around one or two key concepts.
- Includes many examples drawn from the natural history of organisms.
- Two introductory chapters focusing ...show more on life on land and water, respectively.
- Unique art program that features small boxes that explain the point of the art.
- Includes many examples of actual research projects conducted in the field of ecology.
- Four color throughout text (only one on the market)
- Numerous Learning aids such as chapter concepts, evidence (research results) sections, applications and tools sections, chapter summary, review questions, list of readings, references.
- Chapter 18 on Landscape Ecology not available in any other ecology textbook.
Publisher: W.C.Brown Pub.Co.
Year Published: 1999