This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This market-leading text provides the most authoritative, applications-rich coverage of key concepts, models, and issues in money and banking. Frederic Mishkin previously held the post as Executive Vice President and Director of Research at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. His writing style, latest research, and discussion of policy issues keep his text as the forefront of money and banking. The 7th edition update comprehensively brings the data in the text, fi ...show moregures, tables and boxes up to date through early 2005.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 06
New To This Edition
- ENGINEERED FOR SUCCESS! A unifying, analytic framework uses a few basic economic principles to organize students' thinking.
- FLEXIBILITY, a core set of chapters provide a basic framework for learning and analysis.
- NEW INSIGHTS on the monetary policy process, the regulation and supervision of the financial system, and internationalization of financial markets.
- "INSIDE THE FED" Boxes reflect Mishkin's experience at the Federal Reserve and give students a feel for what is important in the operation and structure of the Federal Reserve System.
- WINNING PEDAGOGY: Includes 'Following the Financial News' boxes, 'Special Interest 'boxes, 'e-Focus boxes', Solutions to Problems, Chapter Previews, Summary Tables, Key Statements, Graphs, Summaries, Key Terms, 'Reading the Wall Street Journal', End of Chapter Problems, and a Glossary.
- MY ECON LAB, powered by CourseCompass features a complete eText, animated graphs, and more!
- Streamlined, with optional discussions (i.e.: models of asset pricing, financial markets instruments) being relegated to the Web.
- Enhanced coverage of financial institutions.
- More coverage on the linkage between monetary theory and the stock market.
- New end of chapter Web exercises.
- New e-focus boxes.
- New material on the international economy.
- PowerPoint lecture notes include all textbook figures and tables (over 300 images), including updates, in full color.
- The 7th edition update comprehensively brings the data in the text, figures, tables and boxes up to date through early 2005.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Other Editions of Economics Of Money, Banking, And Financial Markets-update: