This edition has also been released as:
ISBN13: 978-0321122353, 978-0321200488
ISBN10: 0321122356, 0321200489
Summary: This market-leading text provides the most authoritative, applications-rich coverage of key concepts, models, and issues in money and banking. Frederick Mishkin previously held the post of Executive Vice President and Director of Research at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. His writing style, latest research, and discussion of policy issues keep his text at the forefront of money and banking. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 04
Every new student textbook comes with an access kit to MyEc ...show moreonLab for Mishkin, an online suite of student and instructor tools built around an online version of the entire textbook.
New To This Edition
- ENGINEERED FOR SUCCESS! A unifying, analytic framework uses a few basic economic principles to organize students' thinking.
- FLEXIBILITY, a core set of chapters provides a basic framework for learning and analysis.
- NEW INSIGHTS on the monetary policy process, the regulation and supervision of the financial system, and internationalization of financial markets.
- "INSIDE THE FED" Boxes reflect Mishkin's experience at the Federal Reserve and give students a feel for what is important in the operation and structure of the Federal Reserve System.
- WINNING PEDAGOGY: Includes "Following the Financial News" boxes, "Global" boxes, "Special Interest" boxes, "e-Focus" boxes, Solutions to Problems, Chapter Previews, Summary Tables, Key Statements, Graphs, Summaries, Key Terms, "Reading the Wall Street Journal Applications," End-of-Chapter Problems, and a Glossary.
- MY ECON LAB, powered by CourseCompass features a complete eText, animated graphs, and more!
- Streamlined text, with optional discussions (i.e.: models of asset pricing, financial markets instruments) moved to the Web.
- Enhanced coverage of financial institutions.
- More coverage on the linkage between monetary theory and the stock market.
- New End-of-Chapter Web exercises.
- New e-focus boxes.
- New material on the international economy.
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc.
Other Editions of Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets plus MyEconLab Student Access Kit: