This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This best-selling, classic text provides beginning teachers with the tools and inspiration to become masters of their chosen profession.Edition/Copyright: 10TH 07
The Tenth Edition maintains the lucid writing style for which the author is renowned, combined with a clear emphasis on educational psychology's practical relevance. This edition provides especially helpful new chapter on Engaged Learning: Cooperation and Community, recognizing the challenges educators face in the next dec ...show moreade to keep all students connected to learning and all schools safe and compassionate.
The most applied text on the market, this text is replete with examples, lesson segments, case studies, and practical ideas from experienced teachers. In addition, at the end of the text is A Handbook for Successful Teaching and Lifelong Learning, which has four sections:
The four sections of this Handbook for Successful Teaching and Lifelong Learning will give you even more tools for passing your licensing test, getting a job, and teaching well, no matter what surprises come your way.
- "Creating a Praxis II/Licensure Examination Study Guide"
- "Standards and Licensure Appendix: Praxis II and INTASC"
- "Getting a Job: Interview Questions that Educational Psychology will help you answer"
- "Enhancing Your Expertise: Continuing your Learning"
For the first time, this text will appear in a "MyLabSchool Edition," so every copy will include an access code to a special version of Allyn and Bacon's hugely popular MyLabSchool, a collection of web-based resources for teacher candidates. This special site will contain the following:
- A rich collection of video clips showing theoretical concepts and teaching methods in practice in real classrooms.
- An electronic version of the text (an 'ebook') which contains chapter review quizzes after each section, and the capacity to generate and "individualized study plan," whereby students quiz answers are graded, and they are directed to specific pages and sections in the text that will help them correct erroneous answers and master the material.
- A Lesson Plan/Portfolio Builder, which provides templates for lesson plans and portfolios and a database of state teaching standards that can be correlated to students' work by specific state, subject area, and grade level.
- Access to Research Navigator, an extensive database of academic research journals and helpful advice on writing and formatting research papers
- Many more resources (e.g. websites, lesson plans, sample assessments) that will help pre-service teachers get ready to get certified, get their first jobs, and start their careers with many ready-to-use teaching tools.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Other Editions of Educational Psychology: