Summary: Effective Communication for Colleges, 10e, follows and promotes the highly successful Communication byObjectives (CBO) approach, a nononsense process for preparing messages. The CBO approach provides an essential framework for preparing messages and enables users to grasp principles of effective messages quickly and easily.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 10TH 05
- NEW!-Student CDROM: Available FREE with every new cop ...show morey of the book. The CD includes practice questions, PowerPoint? reviews, additional case studies, Ethics in Action cases, and Reference Guide reinforcement exercises.
- Examples and illustrations: Show communication principles in action.
- Exercises: Support chapter content by offering a variety of activities to strengthen writing, speaking, reading, listening, and signaling skills. Case Studies present communication situations likely to be encountered in the workplace.
- Communication Skills Development: A two part activity at the end of each chapter, reviews and reinforces grammar and spelling.
- Reference Guide: An intext resource, covers essential grammar, word usage, and source format guidelines. Format Guide offers samples of annotated memorandums, letters, and envelopes.
- BrantleyMiller Support Web Site: Supplies Ethics in Action cases and other helpful resources.
- NEW!-Communication Perspectives: Prepared by business professionals and community leaders, open each chapter and add personal insight into the realworld application of effective communication principles.
- NEW!-TechLinks: Strengthen Internet search abilities and reinforce chapter communication principles. Exercises include InfoTrac (online library) research. WebTutor Advantage, an online program, may be purchased.
- NEW!-Checklists: Serve as quick, convenient message evaluation tools.
- NEW!-Video Clips: The Instructor's Resource CD contains all new video clips for classroom use. The videos are part of the Small Business School video series and will contain several 35 minute clips with accompanying discussion questions with answers and case information.
- Annotated Instructor's Edition: Provides the complete test package with solutions, sample solutions for most exercises and case studies, chapter master charts, and other useful supplemental material for easy inclass reference.
- Communication By Objectives: The highly successful CBO approach continues to have success with students of all backgrounds and ages. This concise and straightforward approach is the best tool your students can have for successful business communication.
- Timely Tips: Offer helpful tidbits of communication and career information.
- Culture Frames and Culture Views: Broaden communication horizons with meaningful glimpses into international environments. Each chapter hosts a different country.
Cover: Other Format
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Effective Communication for Colleges / With CD: