Summary: The organizational structure of this new text is designed expressly for the supervision course. Macro to micro topical coverage, and the incorporation of concept chapters and skill chapters, provide a framework unique to the supervision principles market. Edition/Copyright: 95
- Macro-to-micro chapter presentation begins with Foundations and ends with individual career planning and development issues.
- Topics are integrat ...show moreed and cross-referenced throughout the text, recognizing that such coverage shouldn't be compartmentalized. Linkages between supervisory concepts and skills cross chapter boundaries.
- In response to an AACSB study on "people skills," this text deals directly with the importance of learning specific people skills. It also covers TQM, diversity, global supervision and reengineering.
- Focuses on skills such as decision making, motivating employees, managing conflict, communicating, performance appraisal, applying discipline, counseling, managing stress and organizational change.
- Includes extensive coverage of teams, TQM, reengineering and diversity at places in the text where such coverage makes sense. All material is current and extensively referenced.
- Extensive references include notes and marginal concepts, a glossary of terms at the end of the text, and 38 cases, two for each chapter.
- Chapter opening and closing vignettes cover the trials and tribulations of Carla Jones, a first-line supervisor.
Publisher: Dryden Press
Year Published: 1995