Summary: For two/three-semester, sophomore/junior-level courses in Electronic Devices, and Electronic Circuit Analysis. Edition/Copyright: 6TH 04
Using a structured, systems approach, this text provides a modern, thorough treatment of electronic devices and circuits. Topical selection is based on the significance of each topic in modern industrial applications and the impact that each topic is likely to have in emerging technologies. Integrated circuit theory is covered extensively, includ ...show moreing coverage of analog and digital integrated circuit design, operational amplifier theory and applications, and specialized electronic devices and circuits such as switching regulators and optoelectronics.
- NEW - Added chapter on small signal BJT and FET amplifiers.
- NEW - Added chapter on amplifier fundamentals.
- NEW - Updated coverage of power supply.
- NEW - Added section in each chapter--EWB Circuit Analysis with EWB Multisim.
- Reinforces theory of circuit operation, and allows students to experience this widely used simulation program.
- A systems or block-diagram approach--Each new concept is introduced in a systems or block-diagram approach--e.g., the effect of the input and output resistance on the voltage gain of an amplifier is developed by regarding the amplifier as a functional block rather than as a particular circuit.
- Once the fundamental concept has been thoroughly discussed, it is applied to each amplifier studied thereafter. A similar approach is used to develop the theory of the feedback, frequency response, amplifier bias, distortion, linearity, oscillation, filters, voltage regulation, and analog and digital transistor circuit-building blocks.
- Analog integrated circuits--Presents analysis and design of analog integrated circuit building blocks after presenting theory and circuits of discrete transistor circuits.
- Students gain an introductory understanding of the BJT and MOSFET transistors at the integrated-circuit level.
- The transistor-level implementation of digital CMOS circuits.
- Completes the introductory treatment of transistor circuits.
- Extensive coverage of operational amplifier theory, analysis, and design--Based on meeting or exceeding required specifications.
- Gives students a broad overview of this area.
- Coverage of frequency response concepts--Features accurate approximations for cutoff frequencies accompanied by PSpice examples for verification.
- Encourages students to verify through PSpice simulation that calculated values closely agree with those from the simulation.
- Extensive coverage of elementary power supplies--Introduces the basic zener voltage regulator as well as three-terminal IC voltage regulators.
- Gives students the required knowledge to build their own experimenter's power supply.
- Coverage of active filters--Includes wideband versions of both bandpass and band-stop filters.
- Design is very practical and limited to unity-gain filter blocks.
- Chapters on the theory and usage of transistors in analog and digital VLSI circuits.
- Shows students relevance in this new technology.
- Coverage of multistage amplifiers--Deemphasizes discrete multistage amplifiers.
- Shows applications on a system-level basis.
- Gradual introduction of operational amplifier theory and applications--From ideal op-amp circuits and applications, to thorough analysis of non-ideal op-amp parameters and behavior, to design based on specified circuit performance.
- Students better understand op-amp concepts when they are presented in a gradual fashion.
- PSpice examples and exercises.
- Tests students on how to use this powerful software.
- A PSpice instructional appendix--Parallels the sequence in which electronic device theory is introduced in the text.
- Allows students to develop new simulation skills at the same pace that new theory is presented.
Cover: Other Format
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Other Editions of Electronic Devices And Circuits: