Summary: ELEMENTARY STATISTICS: A STEP BY STEP APPROACH is for general beginning statistics courses with a basic algebra prerequisite. The book is non-theoretical, explaining concepts intuitively and teaching problem solving through worked examples and step-by-step instructions. This edition features increased emphasis on Excel, MINITAB, and the TI-83 Plus graphing calculator, computing technologies commonly used in such coureses.
New to This Edition
...show more style='padding:0px;padding-left:10px;margin:0px;'> Features
- CD-ROM with--robust tutorial practice and quizzing, including step-by-step solved problems--enhancements for statistical analysis tools: Excel "add-in" and TI-83 Plus application--multimedia modules for conceptual development.
- More examples and exercises based on actual data.
- Available bundled with ALEKS for Statistics.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 5TH 04
- "Technology Step by Step" sections show how to solve basic problems using Minitab software, the TI-83 Plus graphing calculator, or Excel.
- Statistics Today problems open every chapter. These real-life problems, accompanied by a photo or graphic and sometimes a news item, show students the relevance of the chapter's topic. The answer is provided at chapter end.
- Procedure Tables embody the book's step by step approach. These boxes summarize methods for solving various types of common problems. Worked examples include EVERY step.
- Critical Thinking Challenges at the end of each chapter extend chapter concepts into new areas, inviting students to think about and apply what they have learned.
- Section 13-3, on the Scheffe Test and the Tukey Test, covers material not available in some other introductory statistics texts. These topics can be important in a two-semester course or a course emphasizing research methods.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2004