Summary: ELEMENTARY STATISTICS: A STEP BY STEP APPROACH is for general beginning statistics courses with a basic algebra prerequisite. The book is non-theoretical, explaining concepts intuitively and teaching problem solving through worked examples and step-by-step instructions. The new edition features increased emphasis on the computing technologies commonly used in such coureses. New to This Edition Edition/Copyright: 4TH 01
- &q ...show moreuot;Technology Step by Step" sections show how to solve basic problems using Minitab software, the TI-83 graphing calculator, or Excel.
- More examples and exercises based on actual data.
- Statistics Today problems open every chapter. These real-life problems, accompanied by a photo or graphic and sometimes a news item, show students the relevance of the chapter's topic. The answer is provided at chapter end.
- Procedure Tables embody the book's step by step approach. These boxes summarize methods for solving various types of common problems. Worked examples include EVERY step.
- Critical Thinking Challenges at the end of each chapter extend chapter concepts into new areas, inviting students to think about and apply what they have learned.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2001
Other Editions of Elementary Statistics : A Step by Step Approach, Text Only: