This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Ewen/Nelson's ELEMENTARY TECHNICAL MATHEMATICS, Ninth Edition is a well-respected, extremely user-friendly text. It emphasizes essential math skills and consistently relates math to practical applications so students can see how learning math will help them on the job. The applications are drawn from a wide array of technical fields, making the text useful to a broad range of students. Annotated examples and visual images are used to engage students and assist with prob ...show morelem solving. Comprehensive and well-organized, this text engages students, providing them with a solid foundation in mathematical principles that will help them to succeed in the current course and beyond. Edition/Copyright: 9TH 07
New to this Edition
- This book features a large number of applications from a wide variety of technical areas noted by marginal icons, including auto-diesel mechanic, industrial and construction trades, electronics, agriculture, allied health, CAD/drafting, HVAC, welding, and aviation. Marginal icons are used to call attention to the applications, making it easier for instructors and students to benefit from them.
- A laminated reference card of useful, frequently referenced information--such as metric system prefixes, English weights and measures, metric and English conversion, and formulas from geometry--is provided, perforated for easy removal and use.
- Chapter 1 reviews basic concepts in such a way that students or the entire class can easily study only those sections they need to review.
- The use of a scientific calculator has been integrated in an easy to use format throughout the text to reflect its nearly universal use in technical classes and on the job.
- A comprehensive introduction to basic algebra is presented for those students who need it as a prerequisite to more advanced algebra courses. However, this book is written to allow the omission of selected sections or chapters without the loss of continuity, to meet the needs of specific students.
- GROUP PROJECTS entitled ACCENT ON TEAMWORK are included at the end of each chapter.
- A chapter review and a chapter test appear at the end of each chapter, as an aid for students in preparing for quizzes and exams. Cumulative reviews are provided at the end of every three chapters to help students review for comprehensive exams
- Coverage of descriptive statistics has been expanded in response to user feedback.
- A new Section 2.7 on Engineering Notation makes the text even more practical for your students.
- The use of author annotations in the examples has been substantially increased, providing the student with more guidance on the proper use of mathematical operations.
- The interior design was enhanced to make key material more accessible and to make the text easier to use as a study tool.
- The number of manufacturing applications has been increased, and many of them have been updated.
- A new Ch. 16 on binary and hexadecimal systems has been added, for those who need to cover this material in their course.
Publisher: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.