Summary: Changes in Employment Discrimination Law since publication of the Fourth Edition have refined many of the substantive doctrines and continued to clarify procedural issues. A number of relevant decisions have explored the scope of protection provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act, while others have focused on the extent to which Title VII proscribes sexually harassing behavior. The authors have included court decisions that were issued through December of 199 ...show more9.Edition/Copyright: 6TH 06
The Fifth Edition of Employment Discrimination Law retains the organizational structure of the prior edition, because casebook users have indicated that this arrangement provides a logical sequence for pedagogical purposes.
- Chapter 1 considers the economic, social, and psychological ramifications of employment discrimination.
- Chapter 2 covers the discriminatory treatment and disparate impact proof constructs, to explicate the basic evidentiary doctrines that are applicable to the substantive chapters that follow.
- Chapter 3 covers Title VII protectionism with the cases arranged by race/color, religion, gender (including sexual orientation), national origin, and retaliation.
- Chapter 4 considers the non-Title VII anti-discrimination protections afforded by the Constitution, the nineteenth century Civil Rights Acts, labor relations statutes, the equal pay act, E.O. 11,246, Federal Civil Service laws, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and other relevant enactments.
- Chapter 5 explores state Fair Employment legislation.
- Chapter 6 discusses the procedural rules applicable to employment discrimination cases.
- Chapter 7 examines the scope and legality of affirmative action programs required of federal contractors, and
- Chapter 8 explores the remedies available to victims of unlawful employment discrimination
Publisher: Lexis Law Publishing
Other Editions of Employment Discrimination Law : Cases And Materials: