Now in full color, the EN CONTACTO: LECTURAS INTERMEDIAS volume emphasizes the acquisition of reading skills and text comprehension and is designed to be used in conjunction with EN CONTACTO: GRAMÁTICA EN ACCIÓN, a grammar review.
- Taking advantage of a full color text, thematically related art pieces from Goya to Botero now introduce each chapter. The art pieces are further integrated into the main chapter with a new section entitled "El arte, espejo de la."
- This edition contains authentic readings that are better suited, in length and level, to Intermediate students' reading skills; shorter and simpler selections were chosen for this edition.
- Vocabulario preliminar sections present key words and expressions and are followed by exercises that help students assimilate the new vocabulary before seeing it in the reading.
- The Antes de leer section offers pre-reading exercises and teaches a variety of reading skills and strategies.
- Después de leer sections check for comprehension and encourage students to use the language in writing and conversation activities.
- The EN CONTACTO video can be used along with LECTURAS INTERMEDIAS as well. A list of the appropriate video.
- Icons link students to the EN CONTACTO Website for chapter-based cultural content.