Summary: Motivating students from all engineering disciplines, this text encourages students to become engineers and prepares them with a solid foundation in fundamental principles and physical laws. The book begins by introducing students to the exciting world of engineering as they discover what engineers do as well as the various areas of specialization. After explaining good study habits and what it takes to succeed, Moaveni then prepares them for success with an introductio ...show moren to design and problem solving, communication, and ethics. Once this foundation is established, the book moves on to the basic physical concepts and laws students will encounter regularly as engineering students. The text emphasizes that engineers apply physical and chemical laws and principles as well as mathematics to design, test, and supervise the production of millions of parts, products, and services that people use everyday. By gaining problem solving skills and an understanding of fundamental principles, students are on their way to becoming analytical, detail-oriented, and creative engineers.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 07
- The book is organized into six parts with 20 chapters; each chapter begins by stating its objectives and concludes by summarizing what the reader should have gained from studying that chapter.
- A full set of PowerPoint slides featuring all the images from the text is available for download from this site.
- Sufficient material is provided to allow Instructors to have the flexibility to choose specific topics to meet his or her needs.
- Relevant, everyday examples with which students can associate easily are provided in each chapter.
- Information collection and proper utilization of that information are encouraged in this book by asking students to do a number of assignments that require information gathering by using the Internet as well as employing traditional methods
- NEW! A brand new section on Engineering Technology has been added.
- NEW! Additional ethics Case Studies as well as Engineering Marvels Case Studies appear in the text.
- NEW! There are more sections on MATLAB® and additional problems.
- NEW! New and increased number of Professional Profiles as well as Impromptu Designs.
- NEW! A new website to offer additional information for instructors and students including PowerPoint slides for each chapter.
Publisher: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Engineering Fundamentals : Introduction to Engineering: