Summary: In the words of the text's best-selling author, John Langan, "Grammar books can be really dull. But they don't have to be. English Essentials is a new text that makes grammar, punctuation, and usage interesting--with pictures, stories, and activities students will enjoy." The affordable price, ease of use, and simple, familiar language distinguish this engaging text from others on the market.
...show moreeft:10px;margin:0px;'> ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 05
- Personal photos and stories: The text illustrates grammar skills with photos and stories of interesting people from all walks of life.
- Engaging examples and materials: In addition to the photos and true-to-life stories, lively and engaging examples and practice materials help maintain student interest throughout.
- Inclusiveness: In addition to full coverage of grammar, punctuation, and usage skills, the texts includes a brief guide to writing, writing assignments, practice in the key skill of proofreading, and coverage of spelling, parts of speech, and dictionary use.
- Ease of use: The chapters are self-contained, and many begin with a one-page review that presents the basics of a given skill. Explanations appear in simple, familiar language, and the book's tone is friendly and helpful.
- Abundant opportunity for practice: Each chapter in Part One offers three full-page activities and five full-page tests. The last two of the tests are designed to resemble standardized tests and permit easy grading.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of English Essentials: