Summary: English in Action is a four-level core language series for secondary and adult students. Students master listening, speaking, reading, writing, and grammar through a variety of lively, classroom-tested, easy-to-use activities.Edition/Copyright: 03
- Dictionary: Colorful pictures introduce vocabulary in a picture dictionary format.
- Active Grammar: Structured exercises and charts present and prac ...show moretice necessary grammar in context.
- Pronunciation: Sound discrimination and production activities complement extensive listening opportunities.
- Working Together: Group work, pairwork, and cooperative tasks help students explore the language.
- The Big Picture: Large pictures based on interesting stories integrate listening, vocabulary, and structure.
- Reading: Readings from interviews of real people in real communities expand student literacy.
- Writing Our Stories: Authentic models give students an opportunity to write about themselves.
- Practicing on Your Own: Homework exercises provide reinforcement in class or at home.
- Looking At ?: Forms, numbers, charts, and a variety of realia provide a closer look at interesting topics.
Publisher: Heinle & Heinle Publishers, Inc.
Year Published: 2003
Other Editions of English in Action, Book 3: