This one-semester intermediate program is designed to meet the needs of those programs that offer Introductory Spanish in three semesters and need a one-semester intermediate program to follow. Entre nosotros develops all four-language skills and enhances students' cultural awareness. It builds on first-year concepts with a review and expansion of essential grammar and presents high-frequency vocabulary, ample practice, and opportunities for meaningful communication.
- New! Six meaningful and manageable lessons comprise an accessible one-semester program that explores a variety of topics chosen for their cultural relevance and their success in generating student interaction.
- New! Lesson-opening vocabulary lists (Para hablar del tema) present all active vocabulary to facilitate acquisition. Para practicar el vocabulario sections prompting communication with pair and group activities follow immediately to provide reinforcement.
- New! Un paso más sections integrate grammar and thematic vocabulary from all previous Pasos and conclude with Para escribir, a step-by-step writing exercise that guides students through the process of writing for different purposes (such as interview questions, emails, and newspapers articles).
- New! Enhanced multimedia package includes a new integrated Online Study Center and a text-specific video, which provide additional grammar and vocabulary practice in engaging formats.
- Logical step-by-step presentation introduces the lesson's grammar points in three or four Pasos (steps), each opening with a dialogue or a text that recycles active vocabulary and grammar in context.
- Clear, succinct grammar explanations in English support acquisition. Practice ranges from controlled drills to open-ended, personalized, and contextualized activities.
- Authentic readings with supporting activities include Lecturas periodísticas journalistic selections and Ventana al mundo literario selections, featuring authors from the 21 Spanish-speaking countries.