Summary: Raven's Environment, 5th Edition is a most accessible, yet detailed, environmental science text. The text provides numerous examples and opportunities for readers to explore issues at a local level.Edition/Copyright: 5TH 06
Covering the enormous environmental challenges facing our world today, the new fifth edition of The Environment helps readers think critically about these issues and understand the concepts that underlie environmental problems. Rather than telling readers what t ...show moreo think, the book provides the information and tools they need to reach their own conclusions. It offers solid scientific content balanced with effective and current examples of problems and solutions.
- Introduces the reader to ecosystems, the physical environment, and Earth's biomes.
- Examines the problems of overpopulation as well as environmental concerns such as air pollution and the pesticide dilemma.
- Presents real-life case studies that offer in-depth analyses of actual situations.
- Includes 'You Can Make a Difference' boxes in each chapter to help readers take an active role in improving the environment.
- Offers additional information on a website devoted to further examining critical environmental issues that will help readers make environmentally responsible choices.
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Year Published: 2006
Other Editions of Environment: