Summary: ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH not only covers the environmental sciences but also the human population. This text emphasizes the environmental practices that support human life as well as the need to control factors that are harmful to human life. Chapters focus on the requisites of life, water, air, food, space, and shelter. Chapters also address proper management of wastewater treatment, solid waste management, insect and rodent control and agents that cause diseases. The t ...show moreop Environmentalist from around the world contribute a chapter in their area of expertise to form the most comprehensive text available.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 03
- NEW! Includes increased and integrated global coverage of Environmental Health topics, including new-world population charts and statistics and expanded discussion of global diseases and global air pollution control.
- NEW! Current and updated, new topics and research include information on the West Nile virus, national and international environmental politics, environmental ethics, Healthy People 2010, space as a new environment, soils and its uses, water and its uses, home safety devices, nuclear energy, expanded discussions of diseases, and ecosystems and communities of species. These changes and additions add to the strength of currency known for this text.
- NEW! Appendix B (Environmental Organizations) now includes Web URLs, giving students a direct link to the mentioned organizations and an extend resource to learn more about them and the vast resources found on the World Wide Web.
- NEW! The "Key Terms" have been added to the end of each chapter and include page references for an easier learning resource and study tool.
- The author emphasize the need for, and ways of providing, the requirements for human life - air, water, food, a favorable temperature, space, and the absence of toxic and other hazardous materials - making this a truly all encompassing text, full of topics related to the important issues around environmental health.
- The text covers the principles on every environmental health program, giving students a better understanding of the various programs and their individual purposes and goals.
- The contributing authors are some of the top environmental and public health practitioners, professionals, and professors in the world.
Publisher: Wadsworth, Inc