Summary: ENVIRONMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY, Fifth Edition is the most authoritative and up-to-date textbook available in environmental psychology. Environmental Psychology has become the leading text in its field by focusing on the application of science and theory to the solution of problems involving natural and altered environments. The author team of Paul Bell, Thomas Greene, Jeffrey Fisher, and Andrew Baum teach students to apply practical solutions to everyday environmental prob ...show morelems. They integrate theory, research and application using their unifying, eclectic model to demonstrate human-environment interaction and bring cohesion to the field. With an emphasis on the restorative effects of the natural environment, the fifth edition contains expanded coverage of national parks and a new look at design of college campuses.Edition/Copyright: 5TH 01
- This is the defining book in the field.
- This book uses an eclectic, unifying model of research to introduce each chapter and bring cohesion to the field.
- Highly regarded chapters on theory, personal space, crowding, work and leisure environments.
- NEW! This edition contains more recent material on natural disasters, design of college campuses, work environments, leisure environments, El Nino effects, environmental racism and justice, behavioral and technological interventions to save the environment, environmental cognition.
- NEW! International coverage has been expanded throughout.
- NEW! New Web page is keyed to the Table of Contents with cross-references to other Web sites relevant to the topic.
- NEW! The text has been updated, 100%, to retain currency.
Publisher: Harcourt Brace or Harcourt Press
Year Published: 2001