Summary: Environmental Soil Chemistry illustrates fundamental principles of soil chemistry with respect to environmental reactions between soils and other natural materials and heavy metals, pesticides, industrial contaminants, acid rain, and salts. Timely and comprehensive discussions of applications to real-world environmental concerns are a central focus of this established text.
* Provides students with both sound contemporary training in the basics of soil chem ...show moreistry and applications to real-world environmental concerns
* Timely and comprehensive discussion of important concepts including: sorption/desorption, oxidation-reduction of metals and organics, and effects of acidic deposition and salinity on contaminant reacions
* Boxed sections focus on sample problems and explanations of key terms and parameters
* Extensive tables on elemental composition of soils, rocks and sediments, pesticide classes, inorganic minerals, and methods of decontaminating soils
* Clearly written for all students and professionals in environmental science and environmental engineering as well as soil science ...show less