Summary: A concise and practical guide, Envision teaches core skills in analysis, argument, and research, using both contemporary examples to capture student interest and key principles from classical rhetoric.Edition/Copyright: 2ND 08
Envision: Writing and Researching Arguments is intended for composition courses focusing on argumentation and research-based writing. Taking contemporary culture as its central theme and context, Envision is concerned with the fundamentals of analyzing and writi ...show moreng powerful, effective arguments. Students using Envision will learn how to analyze and compose arguments, design and conduct research projects, and produce persuasive visual and oral presentations.
New To This Edition
- Chapters in Part One now offer more guidance on how to read and analyze verbal arguments.
- More professional readings have been added to the book, including selections by Seth Stevenson, Doris Kearns Goodwin, and Doug Marlette.
- More sample student work and model papers are now included in the book. In Part Two, a new sample research paper is shown in various stages of development and revision. In Chapter 9, a second, complete research paper demonstrates effective organization and proper use of MLA documentation style. Other new sample papers also include a rhetorical analysis paper, research proposal, annotated bibliography, outlines, and works cited pages.
- Chapters in Part Three now focus more specifically on research, documentation, and document design:
- A new Chapter 9 offers coverage of documentation and plagiarism issues, including MLA citation models.
- A new Chapter 7 focuses on document design.
- Chapter 8 on oral presentations has been updated and streamlined.
- Chapter 1 now focuses more broadly on rhetoric and argument.
- Key photos and other visuals have been enlarged throughout the book.
Publisher: Longman, Inc.