Summary: Essential Mathematics for Economic Analysis provides an invaluable introduction to mathematical analysis and linear algebra for economists. Its main purpose is to help students acquire the mathematical skills they need in order to read the less technical literature associated with economic problems. The coverage is comprehensive, ranging from elementary algebra to more advanced material, whilst focusing on all the core topics usually taught in undergraduate course ...show mores on mathematics for economists. Edition/Copyright: 2ND 06
New To This Edition
- Excellent balance between mathematics & economic examples and cases helps economics students understand the relevance of learning mathematics and applying mathematical principles to economic analysis.
- Large number of examples throughout the book help to link abstract mathematics with real life
- Extremely clear writing style without sacrificing mathematical precision and rigour ensures that students gain a thorough understanding of the use of mathematics to analyse economic problems.
- Extensive number of problems and exercises at the end of each section with solutions to odd-numbered questions at the back of the book, allowing students to constantly practice what they are learning to reinforce their understanding.
- Most chapters have been revised and updated. They now include additional problem material and many more examples
- Key concepts and techniques placed in colour and boxes to outline their importance
- New chapter 17 on Linear Programming
- Extensive resources for instructors and students on the companion website at www.pearsoned.co.uk/sydsaeter, including Instructors Manual with tests; Excel supplement with exercises; Excel supp Answers for lecturers; Downloadable Exam style problems which can be set as assignments for students.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2006