This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This new text offers solid coverage of the most relevant introduction to teaching and foundations topics in education today. Edition/Copyright: 03
From the authors of the best selling Introduction to the Foundations of American Education, 12/e text comes this brief new text created to meet the needs of tomorrow's teachers. This new text provides a broad introduction to teaching and foundations based on interesting, current discussion of important theory and practice. This text ...show moreoffers a thorough overview of the teaching profession, standards, assessment and the historical, social and philosophical aspects of American Education. Each chapter is written by one of the five main authors, all respected authorities in their fields, with each author giving his or her unique perspective on the topic. Various viewpoints help readers build a multifaceted foundation for succeeding as educators.
- Shorter: This affordable paperback text is about 400 pages long, addressing the topics that are essential to an Intro to Teaching and Foundations course.
- SCORE!: All new SCORE! Student multiple-choice tests allow students to test their knowledge of key concepts in a lottery ticket fashion. Each test comes with a scratch ticket answer sheet containing correct answers to in-chapter questions. Ideal for in-class testing and practice testing.
- TECHNOLOGY ADVANTAGE--The Johnson Interactive Companion WebSite (http://www.ablongman.com/johnsonic) features:
- End-of-Chapter Website activities are keyed to relevant sites on the Web.
- Key Terms and Concepts appear as visually appealing flashcards that allow for easier mastery of definitions and concepts.
- Self-scoring Post-Tests check students' grasp of each chapter's content.
- Student responses to Post-Tests can be forwarded to the instructor for monitoring purposes.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Year Published: 2003