This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Essentials of Athletic Training continues its focus on the basic principles in the care and prevention of athletic injury. It gives coaches, teachers, and students the essential information they need to work with individuals participating in sport. The seventh edition comes with additional helpful resources available on the Online Learning Center.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 7TH 08
- New chapter on Substance Abus ...show moree, dedicated solely to the problems of substance abuse in the physically active population. (Chapter 25)
- Clearly defines who this book is written for, and provides a deeper discussion of the roles of the fitness professional (i.e. personal fitness trainers, strength and condition coaches), recreation specialists, athletic administrators, and coaches in the sport medicine team and how that information can be used to effectively manage athletic healthcare. (Chapter 1)
- Includes a discussion of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and how these protections affect the sports medicine team. (Chapter 2)
- Fully reorganized chapter 5 on sports nutrition and supplements that expands the emphasis of dietary supplement use, the lack of FDA regulation of supplements, explains the new MyPyramid, which replaces the Food Guide Pyramid, and provides new information on popular low carbohydrate diets. (Chapter 5)
- Incorporates 2005 American Heart Association Guidelines for emergency care, which is designed to simplify and improve effectiveness of CPR and ECC. (Chapter 7)
- Provides new information on Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections, providing a stronger understanding of the infection, its management and safety factors. (Chapter 23)
- Illustrations and photographs have been significantly updated, with many dated line drawings being replaced by photographs.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2008
Other Editions of Essentials Of Athletic Injury Management (paper):