Summary: TheTobey/Slater seriesbuilds essential skills one at a time by breaking the mathematics down into manageable pieces. This practical ''building block'' organization makes it easy for readers to understand each topic and gain confidence as they move through each section. The authors provide a ''How am I Doing?'' guide to give readers constant reinforcement and to ensure that they understand each concept before moving on to the next. With Tobey/Slater, readers have a tutor and study com
panion with them every step of the way. Whole Numbers, Fractions, Decimals, Ratio and Proportion, Percent. For all readers interested in basic college mathematics.
Summary: TheTobey/Slater seriesbuilds essential skills one at a time by breaking the mathematics down into manageable pieces. This practical ''building block'' organization makes it easy for readers to understand each topic and gain confidence as they move through each section. The authors provide a ''How am I Doing?'' guide to give readers constant reinforcement and to ensure that they understand each concept before moving on to the next. With Tobey/Slater, readers have a tutor and study companion with them every step of the way. Whole Numbers, Fractions, Decimals, Ratio and Proportion, Percent. For all readers interested in basic college mathematics. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:2ND 09 Cover: Paperback Publisher:Prentice Hall, Inc. Published: 11/14/2008 International: No
View Table of Contents
How Am I Doing? Guide Preface Acknowledgments To The Student Diagnostic Pretest
1. Whole Numbers 1.1 Understanding Whole Numbers 1.2 Adding Whole Numbers 1.3 Subtracting Whole Numbers 1.4 Multiplying Whole Numbers 1.5 Dividing Whole Numbers How Am I Doing? Sections 1.1-1.5 1.6 Exponents and the Order of Operations 1.7 Rounding and Estimating 1.8 Solving Applied Problems Involving Whole Numbers Chapter Organizer Review Problems How Am I Doing? Chapter Test
2. Fractions 2.1 Understanding Fractions 2.2 Simplifying Fractions 2.3 Converting Between Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers 2.4 Multiplying Fractions and Mixed Numbers 2.5 Dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers How Am I Doing? Sections 2.1-2.5 Test on Sections 2.1-2.5 2.6 The Least Common Denominator and Creating Equivalent Fractions 2.7 Adding and Subtracting Fractions 2.8 Adding and Subtracting Mixed Numbers and the Order of Operations 2.9 Solving Applied Problems Involving Fractions Chapter Organizer Review Problems How Am I Doing? Chapter Test Cumulative Test for Chapters 1-2
3. Decimals 3.1 Using Decimal Notation 3.2 Comparing, Ordering, and Rounding Decimals 3.3 Adding and Subtracting Decimals 3.4 Multiplying Decimals How Am I Doing? Sections 3.1-3.4 3.5 Dividing Decimals 3.6 Converting Fractions to Decimals and the Order of Operations 3.7 Estimating and Solving Applied Problems Involving Decimals Chapter Organizer Review Problems How Am I Doing? Chapter Test Cumulative Test for Chapters 1-3
4. Ratio and Proportion 4.1 Ratios and Rates 4.2 The Concept of Proportions How Am I Doing? Sections 4.1-4.2 4.3 Solving Proportions 4.4 Solving Applied Problems Involving Proportions Chapter Organizer Review Problems How Am I Doing? Chapter Test Cumulative Test for Chapters 1-4
5. Percent 5.1 Understanding Percent 5.2 Changing Between Percents, Decimals, and Fractions 5.3A Solving Percent Problems Using Equations 5.3B Solving Percent Problems Using Proportions How Am I Doing? Sections 5.1-5.3 5.4 Solving Applied Percent Problems 5.5 Solving Commission, Percent of Increase or De
Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. 100% Money Back Guarantee. Shipped to over one million happy customers. Your purchase benefits world literacy!
$2.26 +$3.99 s/h
Penntext Downingtown, PA
May have minimal notes/highlighting, minimal wear/tear. Please contact us if you have any Questions.
$2.49 +$3.99 s/h
One Planet Books Columbia, MO
Ships same day or next business day! UPS expedited shipping available (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes). Used sticker & some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access...show more code or dust jacket ...show less
$4.50 +$3.99 s/h
Nettextstore Lincoln, NE
2008 Paperback Good Books have varying amounts of wear and highlighting. CD is included. Usually ships within 24 hours in quality packaging. Satisfaction guaranteed. This item may not include any C...show moreDs, Infotracs, Access cards or other supplementary material. ...show less
$4.71 +$3.99 s/h
GreatBookPrices Westminster, MD
Used, Acceptable Condition, may show signs of wear and previous use. Please allow 4-14 business days for delivery. 100% Money Back Guarantee, Over 1,000,000 customers served.
$6.50 +$3.99 s/h
Firehouse Liquidation Vancouver, WA
May NOT include supplemental materials such as CDs and access codes. May include some highlighting or writing. Ships next business day! Choose expedited shipping for delivery in 2-6 business days! Exc...show moreellent customer service! ...show less
$9.26 +$3.99 s/h
envelopes221 Denver, CO
Sealed CD Included! Annotated Instructor's Edition. pages clean
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.