Edition/Copyright: 2ND 09 Cover: Paperback Publisher: Merrill Education/Prentice Hall Published: 04/25/2008 International: No
View Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Educational Psychology Case Study: Starting High School Basic Assumptions of Educational Psychology Strategies for Learning and Studying Effectively
2. Learning, Cognition, and Memory Case Study: The New World Learning as a Constructive Process Thinking and Learning in the Brain How Human Memory Works Why Learners May or May Not Remember What They've Learned Promoting Effective Cognitive Processes
3. Learning in Context Case Study: Ben and Sylvia The Immediate Environment as Context Social Interaction as Context Culture and Society as Context How Learners Affect Their Environment Providing Supportive Contexts for Learning
4. Higher-Level Cognitive Processes Case Study: Taking Over Metacognition Self-Regulation Transfer Problem Solving and Creativity Critical Thinking Promoting Higher-Level Cognitive Processes
5. Cognitive Development Case Study: Hidden Treasure General Principles of Development Developmental Processes Trends in Cognitive Development Intelligence Addressing Students' Developmental Needs
6. Motivation and Affect Case Study: Passing Algebra Basic Human Needs How Motivation Affects Behavior and Cognition Cognitive Factors in Motivation Affect and Its Effects Promoting Motivation and Positive Affect
7. Personal and Social Development Case Study: The School Play Personality and Sense of Self Peer Relationships Social Cognition Moral and Prosocial Development Promoting Personal and Social Development
8. Instructional Strategies Case Study: The Oregon Trail Planning Instruction Conducting Teacher-Directed Instruction Conducting Learner-Directed Instruction General Instructional Strategies
9. Strategies for Creating an Effective Classroom Environment Case Study: A Contagious Situation Creating an Environment Conducive to Learning Expanding the Sense of Community Beyond the Classroom Reducing Unproductive Behaviors Addressing Aggression and Violence at School
10. Assessment Strategies Case Study: Akeem Using Assessment for Different Purposes Important Qualities of Good Assessment Conducting Informal Assessments Designing and Giving Formal Assessments Evaluating Students' Performance on Formal Assessments Summarizing Students' Achievement with Grades and Portfolios Assessing Students' Achievement with Standardized Tests Appendix A Answers to "Practice for Your Licensure Exam Exercises" Appendix B Interpreting Standardized Test Scores
Barnes & Noble.com Various Shipping Locations, USA
Brand new, ships from the closest shipping location to your shipping address!
$3.94 +$3.99 s/h
One Planet Books Columbia, MO
Ships same day or next business day! UPS expedited shipping available (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes). Used sticker & some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access...show more code or dust jacket ...show less
$4.30 +$3.99 s/h
Books Squared Dallas, TX
Book selection as BIG as Texas.
$8.28 +$3.99 s/h
LOOK AT A BOOK OH Miamisburg, OH
Fair Not Gift Quality. This copy is for the reader who values content over aesthetics. great value for the price, but remember-it's a rough copy.
$24.96 +$3.99 s/h
One Stop Text Books Store Sherman Oaks, CA
2008-04-21 Paperback Good Good.
$24.99 +$3.99 s/h
SUPER BOOKS Fort Mill, SC
Buy with Confidence. Excellent Customer Support. We ship from multiple US locations. No CD, DVD or Access Code Included.
$26.75 +$3.99 s/h
Pondview Associates Monroe Township, NJ
No comments from the seller
$27.24 +$3.99 s/h
Textbookcenter.com Columbia, MO
Ships same day or next business day! UPS(AK/HI Priority Mail)/ NEW book
$32.14 +$3.99 s/h
Big Planet Books Burbank, CA
2008-04-21 Paperback Good Expedited shipping is available for this item!
$34.34 +$3.99 s/h
Books Revisited Chatham, NJ
Possible retired library copy, some have markings or writing.
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista or Mac OS X 10.3 or above
At least 280 MB RAM, a 600 mHZ processor and 110 MB of hard drive space
1024x768 (or larger) screen resolution
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.
Compared to the prices of new and used, sold directly from Amazon.com (not marketplace sellers). If you find Amazon.com directly selling the textbook for a lower price, WE'LL MATCH IT...GUARANTEED. details