Summary: This total learning package for the introductory meteorology course includes much more than a text--the book is packaged with the exciting Blue Skies? At the core of this learning package is Ahrens' respected text, which presents the fundamental concepts of meteorology in the context of everyday weather observations. Fun and easy to understand and relate to, the book and its cumulative organization enables students to build on each concept and gain greater understand ...show moreing into the dynamic nature of the atmosphere.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 01
- NEW! Updated throughout, Ahren's text reflects the most current state of the science.
- Interspersed throughout the text, Did You Know sections highlight interesting weather facts and recent meteorological events. Topics include: the history of meteorology, temperatures in high atmosphere, sun burning and ultraviolet rays, gas law, and atmospheric elevation.
- New Focus sections in each chapter have been added to expand on material originally found in the main text. This helps to bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- End-of-chapter pedagogy includes a summary, a list of key terms, review questions, problems and exercises, questions for thought, and questions for exploration.
- Web site activities and listings are included at the end of each chapter.
Publisher: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2001