Summary: This new edition focuses on preparing your students to assume the role as a significant member of the health-care team and manager of care, and is designed to help your students transition to professional nursing practice. Developed as a user-friendly text, the content and style makes it a great tool for your students in or out of the classroom.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 3RD 04
- Emphasizes theoretical concepts of l ...show moreeadership and management and how to apply them to the clinical setting
- Discusses followership in the leadership chapter as an active dynamic role with responsibilities
- Contains self-assessment worksheets in applicable chapters to help students identify personal strengths and weaknesses and past experiences to help them relate theory to actual clinical practice
- Content on electronic communication content helps students master the latest methods in transferring and protecting patient information
- Overview of health-care economics focuses on costs and supply and demand and teaches students how to balance patient safety with available resources
- Content on professional misconduct, added to the "Nursing Practice and the Law" chapter, shows students that they are legally responsible and helps them understand the ramifications of their actions
- Includes Mildred Montag's contribution to ADN education and gives students the history of how and why this level of nursing education came into existence
- Appendices now include both the "Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses" and the "International Council of Code"
Publisher: F. A. Davis Co.
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Essentials of Nursing Leadership and Management: