Summary: This book is a briefer version of the authors Oceanography : An Invitation to Marine Science. Essentials offers current, balanced coverage of the geological, physical, biological, and ecological aspects of oceanography (all the topics covered in the longer book) but in less detail. Edition/Copyright: 95
- Written to motivate and interest students. Professors and students who have used Garrison's larger text love his writing st ...show moreyle and the way it motivates students to read and retain the information better.
- The real key to the book is the author, an extremely dedicated, award-winning teacher and marine science enthusiast whose love and knowledge of the subject is infectious.
- Beautifully illustrated vignettes introduce each chapter with an observation or sea story to spark student's interest and draw them into the material.
- Visually exciting illustrations in full-color enhance students natural enthusiasm for the ocean.
- Throughout the text there are hundreds of applications. Some are presented in special applications boxes found in each chapter; others are on the back endpapers in a special applications index.
- An appendix presents tips on getting a job in marine science.
- Unlike other short texts, Garrison has a chapter on pollution and resource problems.
- This text has an ecosystem organization of biological oceanography.
Publisher: Wadsworth, Inc
Year Published: 1995