Summary: Equip yourself for today's psychiatric nursing practice with all of the essential nursing interventions and clinical content combined with current research and evidence-based practice. From the author of the bestselling Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, this text was specifically developed to effectively prepare students in today's shorter courses. The new edition features updated content along with new opening unit pages with vignettes, Selected Conc ...show moreept boxes and a new chapter on stress and stress-related disorders. Edition/Copyright: 2ND 13
- UNIQUE! Examining the Evidence boxes explain the reasoning behind nursing interventions and how research affects everyday practice.
- UNIQUE! Applying the Art sections communication tables in the clinical chapters provide examples of therapeutic and nontherapeutic communication techniques as well as realistic nurse-patient interaction scenarios.
- Key concepts and terms clarify essential terminology.
- Potential Nursing Diagnosis tables give several possible nursing diagnoses for a particular disorder along with the associated signs and symptoms.
- Vignettes offer succinct, real-life glimpses into clinical practice by describing patients and their psychiatric disorders.
- Assessment Guidelines familiarize readers with methods of assessing patients.
- Critical thinking questions introduce clinical situations in psychiatric nursing.
- Key Points to Remember outline the main concepts of each chapter in an easy to comprehend and concise bulleted list.
- NEW! Chapter on stress identifies symptoms and triggers of stressors.
- NEW! Selected Concept boxes include pertinent information at the beginning of every chapter.
- NEW! Cultural Considerations sections reinforce the princi ...show less
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Year Published: 2013
Other Editions of Essentials of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: