Summary: Essentials of Statistics,Third Edition is the ideal text for instructors who want a more economical and streamlined text for their introductory statistics course. Drawn from Triola's Elementary Statistics, Tenth Edition, this text provides the same student-friendly approach with material presented in a real-world context.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 08
New To This Edition
- New Exercises: More than 68% of the exercises are new, i ...show morencluding more exercises that use small data sets.
- The author identifies the Top 20 Topics that are essential in an introductory statistics course. These topics are identified with an icon in the text. Students using MyStatLab have access to additional resources that link these topics to definitions, animations, and video lessons.
- More small data sets make homework and in-class exercises more manageable.
- Statistical Literacy and Critical Thinking Exercises begin each exercise set to promote statistical literacy and encourage critical thinking.
- Exercise answers: For all numerical answers, both table and technology results are provided.
- In the appropriate worked examples, solutions begin with a formal Requirement Check that verifies that a particular method is to be used.
- Technology inclusion: Instruction for STATDISK, Minitab®, Excel®, and the TI-83/84 are included in the book as well as screen captures from SPSS and SAS.
- Videos have been expanded and supplement most sections in the book, with many topics presented by the author. The videos feature graphing calculator technology coverage and worked-out Chapter Review Exercises.
- MyStatLab provides instructors with a rich and flexible set of course materials, along with course-management tools that make it easy to deliver all or a portion of your course online. MyStatLab also provides students with a personalized interactive learning environment, where they can learn at their own pace and measure their progress.
- Visualizing Data: The section on Visualizing Data has been divided into two sections, (2-3) Histograms and (2-4) Statistical Graphics, with an increased emphasis on statistical graphics.
- Chapter 2: The material in Chapter 2 has been divided into two chapters: Chapter 2, Summarizing and Graphing Data, and Chapter 3, Statistics for Describing, Exploring, and Comparing Data.
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc.
Year Published: 2008