This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This comprehensive introduction features non-setting-specific discussion of evaluation for health education, health promotion, and allied health fields. A new chapter on qualitative evaluation, as well as many new research examples and case studies, strengthen the coverage in the third edition. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 04
New to This Edition :
- A new Chapter 5 focuses on qualitative evaluation.
- Restructured and ...show more reorganized, the new edition reflects a more natural progression of material (see the table of contents).
- Updated and expanded coverage of key topics includes the PRECEDE/PROCEED model, phases-partners-domains, process evaluation, and formative evaluation.
- New research examples and case studies have been incorporated throughout.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the theory, principles, and methods involved in the evaluation of health promotion, health education, and disease prevention programs.
- Presents case materials and applications of method from real-life health promotion and disease prevention specialists in practice and research settings. New case studies include examples focusing on breastfeeding and the "5-a-Day" nutrition program.
- Introduces health promotion and education in an organizational and political context. Students learn first-hand about the perceived and actual barriers that can affect research and evaluation. Evaluation is presented as an integral part of program development and implementation.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Evaluation of Health Promotion, Health Education and Disease Prevention Programs: