Summary: The country's best-selling Developmental English worktext, designed for paragraph- to essay-level courses, is renowned for its clear, step-by-step instruction, abundant, carefully paced practice exercises, and high-interest readings. A solid grounding in the process approach to writing, as well as the text's flexible organization, with self-contained chapters that adapt to individual preferences, have made Evergreen a success with experienced instructors, adjunct fac ...show moreulty, and students for 20 years.Edition/Copyright: 6TH 00
Extensively revised, the Sixth Edition includes 35% new exercises and models, Writer's Workshops at the end of each unit, new chapters on cause and effect and proofreading for mixed errors, and increased coverage of summary and synthesis. Evergreen with Readings features 20% new reading selections. In addition, a text-specific Web site offers teaching tips, exercises, and more.
- All activities have been revised, updated, or replaced, with more than one-third new exercises and models.
- Unit-ending Writer's Workshops showcase a student paragraph or essay, reinforce grammar and sentence skills in context, highlight the writing process, and inspire students by example. Questions and activities promote small-group reading, discussion, editing, and writing to further strengthen understanding.
- An extensive Web site includes additional exercises, tests, a bulletin board, teaching tips, advice from the Evergreen Community of text users, and links to our new Web site for instructors, Adjuncts.com.
- An enhanced academic focus features a new chapter on cause and effect and new material on summary and synthesis.
- A chapter on mixed-error proofreading offers real-world applications and advice on the editing and proofreading processes.
- Additional material on the writing process includes coverage of the controlling idea and revising for adequate support.
- Grammar coverage has been expanded to include more sentence-error practice and a chart classifying sentence fragments.
- The 20% new reading selections in Evergreen with Readings, 6/e, include Sandra Cisneros on growing up and becoming a writer, Dave Barry on school science projects, and Rene Denfield on what she learned from boxing.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Year Published: 2000