on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: A collection of micro-to-macroscale experiments in organic chemistry.
Contains nearly 100 reliable and carefully tested procedures.
Uses relatively low-risk and low-cost reagents as well as standard equipment to minimize dangers, waste, and expense.
Provides a variety of real-life examples.
Nimitz, Jonathan S. : University of New Mexico
1. Recrystallization and Melting Points.
3. Acid-Base Extraction.
4. Thin-Layer Chromatography.
5. Column Chromatography.
6. Acid-Catalyzed Dehydration of Alcohols.
7. Hydration of Alkenes Andalkynes.
8. Stereochemistry of the Addition of Bromine to Alkenes.
9. Alkyne Formation from Vicinal Dihalides.
10. SN2 Reactions.
11. SN1 Reactions and Kinetics.
12. Radical Halogenation and Gas Chromatography.
13. Infrared Spectroscopy.
14. Structure Determination Practice.
15. Diels-Alder Reactions and Insecticides.
16. Catalytic Hydrogenation.
17. Isolation of Natural Flavors and Fragrances.
18. Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution.
19. Oxidation of Side Chains and Aromatic Rings.
20. Ether Synthesis.
21. Epoxidation of Alkenes.
23. Carbocation Rearrangements.
24. Hydride Reductions.
25. Oxidation of Alcohols and Aldehydes.
26. Reactions of Aldehydes and Ketones with Amines.
27. The Beckmann Rearrangement.
28. Malonic and Acetoacetic Ester Syntheses.
29. Alkylation and Acylation of Carbonyl Compounds.
30. The Wittig Reaction.
31. Reactions and Spectroscopy of Aldehydes and Ketones.
32. Qualitative Organic Analysis.
33. Grignard Reactions and Multistep Syntheses.
34. Organolithium Compounds.
35. Hydrolysis of Nitriles to Carboxylic Acids.
36. Base-Catalyzed Hydrolysis of Esters: Soap-Making.
37. Ester Synthesis.
38. Amide Synthesis.
39. Aldol Condensations.
40. Amine Synthesis: Alkylation of an Amine: Preparation of N-Ethyl-p-Touidine.
41. Diazonium Reactions.
42. Isocyanate Formation and Reactions.
46. Bio- and Chemiluminescence.
48. Chiral Resolution.
49. Computers in Chemistry.
50. Choose Your Own Experiment.
Appendix A: Names of Common Inorganic Ions.
Appendix B: Common Organic Functional Groups.
Appendix C: Finding Chemical Information.
Review of Important Terms in Organic Chemistry.
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.