Summary: Profiling people on-the-job, employment opportunities, work environments, and key career issues, this unique reader encourages students to actively explore the connections between the study of Spanish and the professional world. Developed for use with the grammar worktext, ¡Eso es!, Exploraciones may serve either as the main text in an intermediate or higher-level reading, conversation, composition, or Spanish for professions course, or as a supplementar ...show morey text/reader in a grammar review course. The text's eight thematic chapters focus on a broad range of professional fields including communication and new media, social services, business, education, health and medicine, law, tourism, and engineering and computer sciences. Edition/Copyright: 01
- A variety of authentic articles from newspapers, magazines and Internet sources, as well as fiction and poetry, provides students with meaningful connections between the study of Spanish and the professional world.
- Every reading is supported by an introduction, vocabulary, pre-reading activities, and post-reading comprehension and expansion activities.
- Accompanying each reading, the Fíjese section focuses on comprehension and on the development of reading skills.
- El campo y Uds. offers students the opportunity to consider the career fields from a personalized standpoint.
- Manos a la obra engages students in brief, in-class, hands-on activities related to the fields under study.
- End-of-chapter Más exploración sections guide students through a term-long independent project.'
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt